- The only body wash in the U.S. with Japanese persimmon extract which eliminates Nonenal/aging odor and other troublesome body odors including vaginal and foot.
- Free of harmful chemicals, sulfates, synthetic detergents, foaming agents, preservatives, and coloring which can strip the skin’s natural oils.
- Natural ingredients promote normal, healthy hydration for soft, silky skin.
- Light, natural grapefruit scent.
- Concentrated formula, only a small amount per application is needed.
- Shower-friendly, re-useable pump bottle.
Japanese Green Tea
- Japanese Persimmon extract eliminates troublesome body odors.
- Coconut oils and natural foaming agents gently remove impurities without compromising the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- Silk Protein (sericin) helps reduce dark spots by inhibiting the spot-making enzyme, thyrosinase.
- Rosemary and Aloe calm, smooth, and soften skin.
- Green Tea detoxes and provides all day freshness.
Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamide Mipa, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyquaternium-71, Sodium Cocoyl Oat Amino Acids, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Lactobacillus/Persimmon Fruit Juice Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Rosmarinus Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf/Stem, Extract, Mentha Piperita Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lavandula Intermedia Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf, Extract, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Lactic Acid, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate
What We Don’t Use
Mirai follows rigorous guidelines for selecting, sourcing and processing our product ingredients. In addition to their purity and safety, our ingredients are chosen to effectively boost your skin’s own natural abilities to hydrate, nourish, and defend for long term skin beauty and health. Learn why here.
What is over-washing?
A century ago, people relied on strong sops to remove dirt and body odor. Today most of us take a shower daily, but tend to lather our bodies with soap from head to toe. This is over-washing. Our modern lifestyle requires gentler and healthier approach to bathing.
Why? Perspiration is water soluble and can be easily rinsed off with water. However, oxidized natural oils, which contain impurities, are not water soluble and require soaps for removal. Many commercial soaps include synthetic ingredients that can destroy the skin’s natural protective barrier. Overusing soaps with these synthetics can lead to chronically dry or sensitive skin. Even with skin-friendly ingredients, excessive washing can remove the good bacteria which help maintain the skin’s healthy balance, and can lead to additional body odor.
Where to Wash?
There are five primary areas that should to be washed daily, as they tend to produce more oxidized sweat and lipid acid (oils) and resulting body odor:
- Behind the ears (where Nonenal most occurs)
- Behind the neck (where Nonenal most occurs)
- Under arms
As our bodies vary, focus on other areas as you need to. Then, just rinse off with water! You’ll feel noticeably cleaner and fresher, and you’ll see healthy skin results within a few weeks.
Less is more!
- Usage: Apply to a wet sponge or wash cloth. Focus on oil-and odor- producing areas such as under arms, behind the ears and neck, groin, and feet, and rinse well. Follow with our Purifying Body Serum.
- When to Apply: Daily.
- How Long It Lasts: If used once a day, our 10 fl.oz./300mL bottle provides an approximate 2 months supply.
Q: Can the Body Wash be used as a shampoo?
A: Yes, our Body Wash is very gentle on the scalp and effective as a deodorant. It is free of harmful sulfates used to create “lather” in most shampoos which can lead to long term damage of scalp and hair. So our wash might not foam as much as you are used to but you really don’t need much foam to effectively clean your hair of impurities and odor. Massage the wash gently on your scalp and through your hair, and rinse thoroughly. We are currently developing a unique hair shampoo which we hope will be available in 2015.
Q: Are there instances where persimmon extract will not remove nonenal?
A: Let’s go back to fundamental issues inside the body. A healthy body is supposed to have no unpleasant smell. Eating clean, working out, having enough sleep, and minimizing stress are important keys to good health. However, unhealthy lifetyles and diets, as well as obseity, may lead to weakening of the skin’s antioxidant defenses, exacerbating the production of nonenal. In addition, overwashing may result in removing good bacteria from the skin, weakening the skin’s antioxidant defenses. So, focus on washing behind the ears and neck, underarms, groin, and feet – areas most prone to nonenal – to not only eliminate nonenal but to avoid overwashing and keeping that good bacteria!
Q: Does this product mask the aging odor or does it penetrate the skin and address the problem at the root? Do you need to keep using the product or does the smell lessen over time?
A: The odor-eliminating ingredient, Japanese persimmon tannin, does not penetrate the skin but rather dissolves the cause of the odor, nonenal, on the skin’s surface. Our studies shows that Dove body wash reduces only 30 % of nonenal, while Mirai reduces 97%. You do need to use our products while you continue to experience nonenal, but the long term solution is to boost the antioxidant defenses of your skin to minimize nonenal production–eat antioxidant rich foods, exercise regularly, get sufficient rest, and minimize stress. Persimmon extract supplements may also be effective as a long term solution.