Astaxanthin and Skin Care
World’s Most Powerful Antioxidant Defense Against the Signs of Aging
Japanese women have the most flawless skin in the world. What’s their secret? Minimizing exposure to the sun, a diet rich in antioxidants and, their latest discovery, Astaxanthin.
While natural aging can cause the loss of skin suppleness and elasticity,
the sun’s UV-induced free radicals are more harmful to the skin because they accelerate the aging process. Among it’s many health benefits, axtaxanthin’s ability to act rapidly against free radicals on the skin’s surface, dermis and epidermis is particularly helpful in:
- Reversing premature signs of aging,
- Maintaining a youthful appearance, and
- Preventing UV induced skin cancer
Harvested from the microalgae, haematococcus pluvial is, Astaxanthin is the world’s most powerful antioxidant: 6,000 times stronger than Vitamin C and 550 times stronger than Vitamin E, and 800 times stronger than CoQ10. Providing superior antioxidant protection and anti-aging support, this high-performance ingredient sets Mirai apart from other body care products. Importantly, our astaxanthin is derived from freshwater algae, not marine algae, and contains no shellfish components nor allergens.
Benefits of Astaxanthin
- Increases the skin’s ability to resist environmental stripping of skin nutrients by restoring the skin’s natural antioxidant balance (SOD, CAT, GSH), and by protecting cell membranes against lipid perioxidation.
- Reduces puffiness and erythema by suppressing the inflammatory pathway.
- Prevents and reduces the presence of UV-induced wrinkles by protecting the dermal layer against oxidative stress dysfunction.
- Firms skin and increases moisture by allowing repair processes to heal the collagen network.
- Reduces the risk of skin cancer by protecting against accumulated DNA damage.